It totally looks like a volcano had erupted. When we got to Penney's I could tolerate the smell, but it was pretty bad!!! We could see everything from her porch in the backyard. You could literally see the flames as it drew closer to houses, you could see the fire trucks and ambulances. Jades house did get evacuated, and by the looks of the fire I was a little worried for her house... and Duke. But everything was okay.
I tried to take a few pictures and then that was all I could handle, so I went to bed, but Bryce went on the roof to get a better look at things he said that you could see the firefighters push the fire back so that it didn't touch the houses, and he saw a few of the houses burn up in flames. It was almost like watching a movie, but it was all so real. I wish I had a video camera. I was just in awe about the whole thing, but I found this clip on youtube. I think they were actually a little farther away then we were. The whole thing was pretty crazy!!!By the morning I was expecting to look at the mountain and for it to be black, but actually it didn't look that bad! The news reported that there were no major injuries and that only 4 houses got burned. My heart goes out to you and your families. Great job to our city council and to the firefighters out there risking their lives to keep us safe!










No comments:
Post a Comment