I remember when I was a young girl, my mom and I were driving home from my grandma's house, where I usually got babysat. I was in a particularly grumpy mood that day and probably letting all of my anger out on my mom, so she pulled the car to the side of the rode and picked a dandelion for me. She told me that they were magical and if I blew on it then I could make a wish, and it would come true. I was a little skeptical, but I knew that my mom would never lie to me, so I did as she suggested. Afterward she asked me what I wished for, I told her that I wished that I could fly. She looked at me and with a grin on her face she picked me up in her arms and twirled me around and around, until we both fell to the ground laughing. Throughout my whole life my mother has always helped me in everyway she can to pursue my dreams and wishes, even if they are as silly as wanting to be able to fly. I will never forget the day that I got married. I was standing in front of a mirror at the temple with my wedding dress on and my mother standing next to me. I knew that it was her love, her teachings, and her support that helped me set a goal when I was young to be married in the temple, and as I got older she encourage me to accomplish that goal. I am so thankful for her and for her eternal influences in my life. I am also thankful to be married in the temple that I might live with my family not only in this life, but in the eternities as well.
Happy Mothers Day, Mom. I Love You!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment