I looked out the window and what did I see? 5 inches of snow staring back at me. Spring has brought me a big surprise, snow falling down right before my eyes. I was thinking that maybe the weather is playing an April Fools joke on me, but it just keeps snowing. I was planning on getting my bike out and dusting of our tennis rackets, but it appears that spring isn't quite bloomin yet :(
In the spirit of April Fools day I was thinking about posting that I was prego on here, but I couldn't do it, even if it is just a joke, because the truth of the matter is that if I were pregnant I would be devastated, and it's just not that funny of a joke. But here is some truth for you. When holidays come around it makes me excited about the future, and having kids of my own to celebrate the holidays and start our own traditions! The older that I get the more I love to celebrate the holidays. I think you kind of go through a cycle. When you are young holidays are so much fun they are filled with hope and magic, and then the when you are older you find out the bitter truths of life, the magic is gone and holidays just aren't quite the same, but as you get older it is your turn to create the magic again. It saddens me to see parents take that away from their kids, and I think that they are missing out too. I love the spirit of holidays! From New Year's to Christmas. I love them all. Even the small ones like MLK day. I want to start a tradition to visit my BCF every year. Today I am going to get started and make Bryce an Easter basket, and I can't wait. It might be cheap, but magical none the less!
11 years ago










I be loving me an easter basket! We still do them even though we are grown ups! Luckily Terri humors us and plans an egg hunt. -Reins
ReplyDeleteI miss spending Easter with you guys!
ReplyDelete