"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!"








Friday, April 30, 2010

Exercise...if you can all it that!

Lucy has been getting a little restless lately and so I thought I would take her out for a run or in her case a walk… if you can even call it that. I was really excited because the weather has been getting nicer and I thought it would be a good way for both of us to get some exercise plus this might actually up my chances of Lucy liking me more than Bryce. I thought I was keeping up a pretty good pace, when I noticed that Lucy was barely even walking. She found it to be more fun to go sniff something for a few minutes and then catch up, but she didn’t have to run very hard. How is that even possible? I knew that I was slow, but I didn’t think I was that slow! I don’t even now that Lucy got any exercise at all, it was more of an adventure for her, however I was exhausted.

So last weekend I decided that since I wasn’t fast enough for her I should take her out with my bike. Lucy loved it!!! Bryce and I took her to a nearby park, and I was amazed with how fast she is. Even on my bike she kicked my butt! It made me wonder about the catch phrase, "it's like riding a bike" (an expression used for something never forgotten). If you would have seen me out there you would have thought it was my first time riding a bike, and I deffinately forgot how tiring and sore it makes you. I had a hard time sitting down for the next couple of days. However I don’t know that it wore Bryce or Lucy out, but we all slept pretty good that night! Lucy loved the park too. She was a little confused with the swings, she couldn’t quite figure the whole thing out she kept chasing me back and then running away terrified when I went forward. We finally realized that she just wanted to swing with us.


we thought if she likes the swings maybe she will like the slides.




I think she hated both of them, but what fun is having a dog if you can't torture it a little?


We also took a football with us. Bryce and I would throw the football to each other and then who ever had the football got tackled. Lucy loved the tackling part. She would run, jump on us, and lick us to death. We all had such a great day, bike riding, picnics, and playing in the park. I'm so thankful that my family tries to keep me healthy and active, because lets be honest I need it!

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't judge if I saw you riding your bike, because I am hopeless on a bike. In highschool I crashed my bike just coming off the side walk ledge...true story. Its always fun to get out and be active with the husband, tonight for date night Joshy and I are going hiking and I am pretty stoked about it!
    -Elisha

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers