"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!"








Thursday, September 15, 2011

Schedules

I had mixed feelings about starting Ryann on solids on the one hand I was excited to nurse less especially since she was teething (and biting) but on the other hand I was nervous about starting something new and  potentially messing up Ryann's schedule. Ryann was an eats to sleep kind of a girl. I heard that was bad, but what can I say I am new, and it is easy to fall into bad habits. From the time she was a newborn eating was always a bother and it would just put her to sleep although once she got the sucking down that was all she wanted to do. Ryann quickly fell into a routine which consisted of play for 2 hours, eat for about a 1/2hour and, sleep for 1 and 1/2hours. She took 3-4 naps during the day and slept 10-12 hours at night (although she wasn't sleeping through the night yet) At Ryann's 6 month appointment I addressed my concern for Ryann not sleeping through the night, but I already knew that she was going to tell me that I would have to let Ryann cry herself to sleep, and maybe that is why I didn't want to address the concern earlier, but with Ryann teething she is sleeping less through the night and with her eating solids and getting older her schedule is all mixed up and if you know me at all you will know that I love a schedule!!!!  Since things are changing and there is nothing I can do about it I decided that I am going to try babywise and let Ryann cry herself to sleep. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I don't know how well I will do letting my baby cry for hours before she finally falls asleep, but I do think that it is important for her to learn how to fall asleep on her own! Sometimes a mama's got to do what a mama's got to do, but if any of you have any advise on how you put your little ones to sleep or what kind of schedule they are on I would love to hear it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Something that has worked for us is to have a bedtime at the same time every night. About an hour or 1/2 hour before, do a bedtime routine; bathtime, feeding, stories, rocking, whatever and then put her down. She will eventually learn that after you do all those things its time to sleep. Hope this helps, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I need to see you and your little one again soon!! They are growing up too fast!!!

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers