"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!"








Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pierce Ears

 When I first found out that I was going to have a girl I immediately decided that I was going to get her ears pierced right after she had all of her shots. I thought if Bryce wanted to circumcise our boys (not that I disagreed with him) then I could pierce our girls ears. I mean when it comes down to it, it's really all for looks anyways right?? Plus with a name like Ryann I wanted to make her as girly as possible!! I heard that when they are a baby is a good time to pierce their ears because it doesn't hurt them as bad and they are less likely to get infected. But then when she was born and what some doctors say was old enough to get her ears pierced, I had a moral dilemma, and then I saw this picture on facebook. I don't know if this is a picture of a real girl, and it's not like I was going to do anything drastic like this, but it got me thinking... My little Ryann came down to this earth to get a body and to use her own agency, who am I to make that decision for her and put holes in her little body, not that it is a bad decision  I just think it might be a decision that I want her to make. What do you guys think???

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the last part you said. I think I want Layla to figure that out when she's older. Plus it can be kind of like a right of passage. My niece was so excited to get her ears pierced when she was 8, it was a fun thing for her and her mom to do together.

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers