I had calculated my cycle wrong, and I thought I was about 3 days late, but it turned out that I was 7, it wasn’t until I started feeling a little weird that I decided to take some action, which was to tell Bryce. I wanted to warn him before I pulled out the big gun. I deal with things better that way, but Bryce is a little different. I pulled this card on him before, so thinking that I was probably just being overly dramatic, he really didn’t say a lot about the whole thing. I told him that I thought I needed to take a pregnancy test, but I just wanted to let him know first. We weren’t exactly planning this, and I thought if I took the test and was 100% sure that I was pregnant then it might be a little overwhelming. Still not showing any emotions either way he said okay. I wasn’t sure I was ready to face reality, so I let a few more days pass by, but there was still no sign of a period. The only sign I was getting was that the smell of grass in the morning made me want to puke (Not exactly the sign I was looking for). A couple of days later I was throwing a bridal shower for my friend and I had to pick of few things up at all a dollar, so I decided to grab a few prego tests while I was there. I came home and told Bryce that I bought something for us, and I pulled out the pregnancy test. I am not sure if that turned him on or what, all I know is that if I was pregnant before I might have been later that night. Needless to say we didn’t get around to taking the test that night. The next night after the bridal shower Bryce called and told me that his mom wanted us to camp out down town so we could have a good spot for the 24th of July Parade. I was a little hesitant first of all I was exhausted all I cared about was going to sleep and second of all I was feeling a little queasy. But Bryce stopped at a gas station before we got there and bought me a huge sprite so that made me feel a little better about life until we got there and I realized that there is no where to go pee. Brooke informed me that there were out houses at the end of the street. I just looked at her with big eyes, and she said don’t worry they don’t smell that bad. Well that may be true to a normal person, but to a possible prego person everything smells bad and therefore makes you want to puke. Not to mention that I have to pee like every hour and now that I just drank that huge sprite probably every 30minutes. Anyways I survived through the night, but I was anxious for the parade to end so we could go home the next morning. When it finally ended we went to Jades house for some slip and slide action. (Great something that I can’t do, and don’t want to explain to people why I can’t do it) I hate being a party pooper, but all I really wanted to do was go home and go to bed. When we went home Bryce asked me why I was being so lame and I told him that I just wasn’t feeling really good and I didn’t think that going on a slip and slide was the best thing for me right now especially since I don’t really know the rules when you are pregnant, and I just wanted to play it safe until I knew one way or the other. He looked at me and asked me if I had taken the test yet. I told him that I wanted to wait until he was ready so that he would be there with me when I found out the results. He gave me a really confused look, which confused me a little. I reinsured him that he didn’t need to hold the stick for me while I peed on it I just wanted to find out the results together. Once again he didn’t really say anything, so I decided to once again take measures into my own hands. The next day he woke me up so that I could take him to work since we left my car at his mom’s house the night before. As soon as I got home I went right back to bed until little Tommy was at the foot of my bed and said Candice are you awake cuz Bryce wants you to call him. I looked at the clock and noticed that I was late to church. Debating if I should hurry and get ready for church or call Bryce I sat in my bed for a minute and then decided to take the pregnancy test. The first one read clear as day... positive, so I decided to take another one...positive, umm maybe one more just to be sure…positive.

I decided that I was going to wait for Bryce to come from work to tell him the news, because I didn’t want to distract him at work. So I decided that I would call Bryce and then get ready for church so I could at least make it to the second hour. However Bryce only called to inform me that church was only going to be an hour that day because they were redoing the gym and it was pretty strong smelling in there. I got a little emotional and said dang it I am going to be a bad mom already. I didn’t know if Bryce was going to catch on to what I was saying since he seemed to be pretty unresponsive every other time I told him that I thought I was pregnant, but he caught on pretty quick and said "REALLY!!". I just sat there. He asked again, but now I couldn’t talk because I was crying. I somehow muffled out a um hm. I was expecting to get Bryce’s famous question, “are you crying?” but this time is was "sweetheart why are you crying?" I wasn’t sure what kind of a reaction I was going to get out of him, but I am glad he came through in the end. He even cheered me up a little. I told him that I was just a little overwhelmed. He encouraged me that everything would be alright, but that I needed to stop crying or he would tell the baby that I didn’t want it. I guess I shouldn’t be worried that if we are going to be good parents, because that right there tells me that we are going to be AWESOME parents!
So there is my story of how Bryce knocked me up. I guess my big news wasn’t quite like the one on the commercial!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CRfHl1Glwk&feature=player_embedded
So there is my story of how Bryce knocked me up. I guess my big news wasn’t quite like the one on the commercial!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CRfHl1Glwk&feature=player_embedded










Yea for you guys! You will be awesome parents!!!
ReplyDeleteI want you to post a picture when you start showing so I can see your preggo belly. I just cant picture it, it is still crazy to me that you are pregnant.
ReplyDeleteElisha
Congrats! Carolee shared the BIG news last Sunday I'm so happy for you two. Keep on posting about the pregnancy and I hope you aren’t too sick. Morning sickness sucks!
ReplyDeleteYou're right...Devin does have lots of nicknames, but none from me.
ReplyDelete