"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!"








Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Daddy's girl

Bryce’s Uncle passed away a few weeks ago. I didn’t know him as well, because he has been really sick for the last 5 years which is about how long ago Bryce and I first started dating, however, it was pretty hard on Bryce and everyone else who knew his uncle. It didn’t take me long to figure out why either, as I sat at the funeral listening to countless wonderful stories about his legacy of love and service that he gave to his family, friends, and neighbors. I couldn’t help, but think that the stories they told reminded me a lot of Bryce. I am so happy that Bryce has had such a great influence of so many wonderful men in his life. They have taught him by their example. I know he will never forget his uncle Paul letting him drive his car and listening to ackie breakie heart, just as Bryce's nephews will never forget the sleepovers with him playing Nerf gun wars.

Here are just a few stories of why my baby is going to have the best daddy:

I was talking to Bryce’s family last night and I realized that I had just gotten to the 30 week mark. We all joked around about how crazy it is that time has gone by so fast, and that Bryce and I were totally freaked out and not sure if we were ready yet to have this little baby, but when Bryce and I got into the car later that night I asked him if he thought it was crazy that I was already 30 weeks, and he said, “yeah, but to tell you the truth I am pretty excited about it. I can’t wait to hold her, and poke her, and see what she looks like.” Seeing his excitement totally helped me calm my nerves. I love that he is so excited to meet his daughter and be a daddy.

About a week ago I was coming home from work. I was tired, and hungry, and my back was killing me. When I got home I found Bryce doing the laundry, the place was all cleaned up, and dinner was cooking. He greeted me with kisses and told me to go sit on the couch and he would bring me some food. He has been very mindful of what I am going through, he always tries to make me as comfortable as I can be, and doesn’t let me do any heavy lifting or carrying of any sort. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky.

I was kind of worried about her because I wasn’t feeling a lot of movement, but as soon as I hit 28 weeks. She has been moving like crazy. I don’t really know that it feels like kicking necessarily, but definitely a lot of movement. However she is kind of a little booger, when ever you put your hand on my stomach to feel her move she stops, and since it is a fairly new experience for me. Bryce hasn't really been able to feel her move. He likes to poke me in the belly a lot to see if he can get some kind of reaction out of her, but I think he gets more of a reaction out of me!! One day in church he was poking me again and all of a sudden she poked back at him. I think she was trying to tell him to leave us alone, but I think it only made him want to feel her more.
Ever since he got his new phone he has been playing games on it non-stop. One night he didn’t come to bed until 4 in the morning because he was stuck playing his games. I didn’t think he would stop for anything, but a few days ago I was feeling more movement than normal. I was I lying on my back, and you could actually see her moving around in my belly. I though maybe she was going to try to punch out of there or something. Bryce got up from the couch, kicked the dog off of his lap, put his phone down, and came over and sat with me for a minute. I was happy that there was something that Bryce found more exciting than the games on his phone.

Bryce and I had to get some more lights for our Christmas tree, so we ran to Wal-Mart really quick. While we were there Bryce went missing while I was picking out more Christmas tree decorations. When I finally found him I noticed a tiny little Christmas stocking in our cart. I looked at him and said, “what is this?” he looked at me and said, “what do you think” it is for baby Ryann (as of right now Bryce is winning the battle on the name spelling) I loved that she got her own little stocking. Santa even filled it with some binkies.

Throughout my sick stage in pregnancy Bryce was always bringing my nausea medicine to work for me, taking over the house chores and doing whatever else he could to help me out. When we were at Knott’s Berry Farm we went on the ghost rider. I thought it wouldn’t be that bad since I rode most of the roller coasters at six flags and I did pretty well with them, but for some reason this one made me so sick, and I couldn’t wait to get off of it! When it finally ended I ran to find a bathroom. Not only did I feel like I was going to puke, but I was worried that maybe I rode one too many roller coasters and that I did something to hurt our baby. I just started bawling in the bathroom stall. Bryce finally found me, walked right into the girls bathroom, gave me a big hug, and told me that everything was going to be alright and that I didn’t hurt our baby, although I think it worried him a little too, but he did a good job of helping me calm my nerves even if it freaked him out a little bit. He also bought me some sprite to help with the nausea. He has been really sensitive to my emotional out breaks, even if some of them are a little crazy!

I feel so lucky that my kids are going to have Bryce as their dad. I can't wait for him to be a dad. I really do think he is going to be the best little daddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers