11 years ago
Friday, July 6, 2012
Goodbye June Hello babies!!!
Lucy's puppies came on July 6th exactly 60 days from the day they were concieved. She pretty much kept us up all night. At midnight she started acting really weird running around the house and breathing really hard. I don't know if the poor thing knew what she was in for. Bryce tried to make her as comfy as possible, but by 2 o'clock it looked like she was starting to push. So we rushed her into her whelping box. It took her an hour for her to get the first puppy out, and unfortunately it didn't make it. It took a toll on all of us, but Bryce especially he even tried to do chest compression on it, but being so early in the morning. there was no one to call, and for us first timers, we just didn't know what we were suppose to do. Lucy worked so hard at getting the first one out the the second one just slid out right after the first, and let me tell you. Dogs giving birth is really something a prego should not be watching. You would think I would be more understanding, but the whole thing kind of made my stomach uneasy. How about a half hour after that came puppy number 3. It was about 4 o'clock in the morning and so Bryce showered and went to work. I slept for a couple hours but not my usual 9 to 10 hours. Lucy is such a good mom she won't leave her puppies for anything. When she have to go to the bathroom she's all business she runs up does her business and comes right back down. She will let Bryce and I touch them but that's about it. My mom came over and brought her dogs to see their new niece and nephew but Lucy would not let them near her puppies. Lucy doesn't love her whelping box so she tries to bring her puppies up on the bed with us but I'm scared I would rollover and crush them, so she carries them all around the house trying to find the perfect place for all 3 of them. She is such a good mom but sometimes I just want my dog back. She will always be my puppy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment