"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!"








Wednesday, May 16, 2012

a "Major" deal breaker

Major's name was picked before we got married. Bryce told me that his first born son's name would be Major. After Major Wright a football player who at the time played strong safety for The University of Florida with Quarterback Tim Tebow. He was drafted in the 3rd round of the 2010 NFL and now plays for the Chicago Bears. He too was born in July. I wasn't sure if it was a deal breaker at the time because people would call him Major pain in the butt or whatever else they could come up with, but I figured if Bryce was so set on that name than who was I to say no, although as soon as I saw the ultrasound of little Major I grew a love for the name maybe it was because I loved my little guy so much. We debated on naming him Bryce Major and just calling him Major. I have always been a little anti when people do that. I think people should go by their first name. It causes less confusion, but I was kind of open to the idea of it for 2 reasons. 1- dad and I both wanted to name one of our kids Byrce because we like it and it is a family name, but we don't want the confusion of knowing who people are talking about and 2- I kind of like the way it rolls off your tongue a little better Major Bryce sounds military, but the more we thought about it we decided to stick to plan A- Major Bryce Erickson it is!! I hope he likes his name as much as we do. It is a love it or hate it kind of a name, but it is a strong tough family name for a strong tough little boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers