
On the 28th of this month, Bryce and I will have been married for 6 months. I can't believe that it has been this long already it seems like just yesterday I was freakin about some minor wedding details. Maybe it seems so short because we haven't really accomplished that much since we have gotten married. We still aren't ready to take on the responsibilities having our own place, I haven't finished writing my thank you cards yet, which according to my mom it is considered tacky to be later than 6 months...consider me tacky!!! and I haven't even changed my name yet. Partly because I am lazy and partly because I wasn't really sure what to do about that yet.
I was having a really hard time getting rid of my maiden name. I am not sure why, I never really liked the last name, ever since 7th grade when a boy in my computer class laughed when the teacher read my name. I didn't really understand it at the time, but if he thought that was funny then I should have told him that my brother was ranked as a private in the army. Maybe it has to do with my dad dying, and I feel that if I give up his name then I will be giving up a part of him in me as well. Kinda a silly I know, but I mean if Mexicans can have 4 names, then why can't I? I like the seen from the Lady and the Tramp ( a childhood favorite)
Bulldog in Pound: He has an eye for a well-turned paw, he has. Let's see, there's been Lulu... Toughy: Yeah, and Trixie...
Dachsie: and Fifi...
Pedro: And my sister, Rosita Chiquita Juanita Chihuahua. I think.
Although Bryce is somewhat against me doing this my mom is the complete oposite. She came to me in tears the other day, and said that she really wanted me to keep my last name. I guess she feels like I have betrayed her in some way, but I haven't done anything yet so I guess we will have to wait and see!!!
-Candice Evon Cox Erickson (what a mouth full)
I was having a really hard time getting rid of my maiden name. I am not sure why, I never really liked the last name, ever since 7th grade when a boy in my computer class laughed when the teacher read my name. I didn't really understand it at the time, but if he thought that was funny then I should have told him that my brother was ranked as a private in the army. Maybe it has to do with my dad dying, and I feel that if I give up his name then I will be giving up a part of him in me as well. Kinda a silly I know, but I mean if Mexicans can have 4 names, then why can't I? I like the seen from the Lady and the Tramp ( a childhood favorite)
Bulldog in Pound: He has an eye for a well-turned paw, he has. Let's see, there's been Lulu... Toughy: Yeah, and Trixie...
Dachsie: and Fifi...
Pedro: And my sister, Rosita Chiquita Juanita Chihuahua. I think.
Although Bryce is somewhat against me doing this my mom is the complete oposite. She came to me in tears the other day, and said that she really wanted me to keep my last name. I guess she feels like I have betrayed her in some way, but I haven't done anything yet so I guess we will have to wait and see!!!
-Candice Evon Cox Erickson (what a mouth full)










Kit, You can rock two last names. It is very double last name chic. I mean courtney cox arquette did it so... I say it works -Reina
ReplyDeletethanks reins!!!
ReplyDeleteI think it's totally normal to have a rough time getting rid of your maiden name. It's part of who you are. I thought about keeping mine, but I decided Evelyn Ruth Woods Cox sounded too much like Evelyn Ruth Woodscross.
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad I changed to Cox now though, because I can't imagine sharing the same last name as my kids!