I just barely got done reading the biography Elizabeth Smart. I tend to be really naive and this book was a good wake up call for me. now that Bryce is working nights. It is my duty to protect my family at night starting with not leaving the windows open or giving money to strangers. I thought that I could use a little work on gun control so for fathers day I was inspired to take Bryce out to a gun range and right by that gun range is a little Venezuelan restaurant that I thought would be fun . So I dropped the kids off at my moms house and Bryce and I went on a little date . Venezuelan food is pretty much amazing! well at least what Bryce helped me order. I was kind of thinking it would be fun to try out some machine guns while we were at the range but they didn't have any and Bryce said it would be too expensive. So we just shot around with his 9mm to just backtrack a little bit a few weeks ago Bryce asked me to buy some bullets for his gun you wanted home protection rounds or hollow tips if you will I was a little nervous about getting some because I know nothing about guns and I thought they were going to ask me a lot of questions but I did it now and get suspicious well that came true Bryce had rehearsed some of the questions they would answer for me and I repeat of those answers just how we had practiced however brace failed to mention I know what the name of his gun was and so when the clerk asked me what kind of gun I had I told him I had a nine millimeter gun he said I know that but what kind of gun do you have I got really nervous and told him but I didn't know and he looked at me in shock and said you don't know?!? Well then you probably shouldn't get the hollow tips I went back to the car where Bryce was waiting for me feeling defeated and embarrassed I couldn't help but think of the movie failure to launch when the girl is trying to buy a gun to kill a bird. Anyways back to the shooting range Bryce and I practiced a few close up shots actually Bryce nailed it he got a bulls eye! I on the other hand did a little better from farther distance I'm pretty sure it was all luck but Bryce and I decided that if anyone were to come in our home he would be the one to shoot them up close but if they were running away when I I would be the one to shoot him ;) I had a lot of fine with Bryce on our date I hope he had as much fun as I did and I was happy and that I got a little bit more comfortable with our gun... I even know the name of our gun now . It's a Ruger. Bryce worked night before Father's Day and so he decided to stay up all day. We went to church with Grandma and Grandpa at the good old West Jordan sixth Ward it was fun to see everyone but first counselor in the Relief Society room was new and we had a lot of old timers back in the ward that Sunday, which she didn't know any of them we on the other hand ask knew each other so I had to joke around with her a little bit and told her that she was the one who needed to introduce herself to us! Ryan had picked out a memory game to play with her dad since he claims that she got her good memory from him. And major got brian some water guns and silly string we thought it would be fun to ambush him and good old bryce style however ryan blue our secret and let Bryce in on our little surprise I told her she couldn't tell him what we got for him but she was so excited that it was fathers day and that he could open up his guns that she couldn't hold it in any longer. I wish I could remember what she said exactly because it was actually really cute how excited and innocent she was even though it was kind of a mischievous things that we were going to do to him . So Bryce kept his distance from us all day but he finally let us have our fun when it was time to go we had TJ and Landon with us as well and they made the ambush that much more fun Ryan loved shooting dad with the silly string I don't know about Bryce but the rest of us had a pretty good time.
11 years ago










No comments:
Post a Comment