11 years ago
Friday, February 28, 2014
Ryann's 3rd Birthday
Since I made Ryann that tinkerbell costume for Halloween I thought that she needed another reason to wear it rather than just for dress ups, so I made her a tinkerbell birthday! It wasn't hard convincing her of it either which I was glad about. I spent months preparing for her tinkerbell party I know it is kind of silly and I definitely went a little overboard, but it was fun for me and for Ryann so it was worth every minute. Although I was glad when it was over! Even Megan my sister in-law said that I have way too much time on my hands. Haha I guess she might be right, but since my kids are my life and everything I do is for them then I guess I don't feel too bad about it. I mean what else would I be doing with my time rather than making sure I give my children the best that I can possibly give them! We set up Ryann's birthday party the day before at Grandma's house since Bryce had just switched to working graveyard shifts I knew that he wouldn't be much help getting things ready (but he was a huge help at the party) but there was a ton of stuff to do and I am not one to do things the last minute. Since we decorated Ryann thought her party was that day. I kept trying to tell her that it was the next day, but she wasn't buying it, so finally I just said, yes do you love it? are you having so much fun? she said she was so I told her that we couldn't do it again tomorrow and invite all her friends to come play at grandma's house too. I was planning on making her cake, but Ryann really wanted to put the candles on it and the flowers so I let her. She did a pretty good job too. I only wish the cake tasted a little better I tried making it from scratch, but I kind of burnt it...oops! we had a few other party fouls, but Bryce made up for them. and made the party so much fun. I think we make a great team him and I. I plan and decorate and he puts on the show! we had rose ham and cheese pinwheels,mushroom radishes and flower cucumber salad, butterfly and ladybug pasta salad, chips, a beautiful fruit salad that my mom made, and pink and green punch. I hand made everything, and I tried to make it glow for our glow in the dark game, but things didn't really work out that way. although improvised and made it fun anyways. We had pixies and pirates wtih glow wands, and glow balloons. I was trying for a few different themes. One being "It's all about the glow", "small is the new big" I made a giant 3, and giant butterflies, and gave the kids giant pixie sticks, and then of coarse there was the pink and green "Tinkerbell" theme. Ryann and the kids loved dressing up and playing in the glow in the dark stuff. it was fun seeing them play especially Major he was the cutest pirate I have ever seen!!! Uncle Tony dressed him up in one of Ryann's jammies that she got just to be funny. Major looked humiliated at first but then when I tried to put it on Ryann he threw a fit! On Ryann's actual birthday Bryce and I decorated her crib with balloons all around it so when she woke up she would know it was her birthday! I was worried she would wake up in the middle of the night, and she did, but she didn't seem to notice the balloons until she woke up that morning. She was more confused then excited and said where did all these balloons come from? and then she wanted them off of her crib! She then opened her presents from mom and dad and brother. She got a new bike!! She needed lots of help riding it and wore mom and dad out quick, but I hope by summer she will be able to do it all by herself! then to celebrate the day we took her and Major to classic skating. She loved the bouncy slides and was so brave to do everything!! I loved seeing her be so big, and brave, and fun. she even jumped off the 10ft drop into the foam pit. She is turing out to be one amazing 3 year old already!! Major liked everything as well but he needed a little extra attention and Bryce my amazingly fun and almost 30 year old husband made it so much fun for the kids. we all worked up quite the thirst afterward! when we got home Major was zonked, but Brycelynn was home from school and Jaycee was up from her nap and Bryce took them and 2 of the neighbor girls to the park to play some more. Where he got all the kids on the playground (and there were a lot!) to play in a game of tag. All the kids loved it and all the moms were very impressed! I was pretty proud myself, but too warn out to join in on the fun! I then made dinner broccoli for Ryann since it is her fav. and then we had cake and ice cream. Bryce even missed school to celebrate his daughters 3rd birthday. The whole thing was so much fun, but I did get a little emotional at one point. Ryann is so sweet, and funny, and smart, and cute. It is hard to see her grow up even though I know we will have more kids I will never get myself another Ryann, and I want to savor every moment that I can of her growing up! It all just goes by way to fast!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










Sounds amazing!!! Where does the time go right? I want pictures of all these events up here on the blog. Want to throw James' party?
ReplyDelete