"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!"








Tuesday, November 12, 2013

just some thoughts...actually a lot of thoughts!!!

My mom is getting ready to go on a month long cruise. I was excited for her . She loves to travel especially with her "hiking buddies" is what I like to call them, because when I was young we would go hiking and camping and biking and four wheeling and cross contry skiing and snow mobiling, but mostly hiking with them all the time!! I need to find me a fun little group like that!! Anyways When she told me she was leaving for that long it made me a little sad. I have starting going over there quite frequently and I have come to enjoy it so much!!! It is even better watching my children bond with my mom. My brother Clay and I decided to get her an early christmas present for her trip a camera and so we thought we would give it to her on Sunday Dinner. Sunday dinner use to be an weekly thing that my whole family use to do every Sunday. It all started wtih my dad, when my mom went to Europe for a month. My Grandparents invited my dad to come to dinner every Sunday and so he did. It has been a tradition that I have come to love. When I was young I loved to go to my grandparents and play wtih my cousins, but now that I am older I love that I have a reason to go visit my grandparents every week, because for some reason we tend to need reasons to ssee people that we love. But it has been a great way to keep our family to see each other although lately to seems we don't get together as much as we should. When Bryce and I first started dating it took me a while to invite him to sunday dinner. My grandma instantly loved Bryce she liked flirting with him. She even gave him her picture of when she was younger! But things got complicated and soon it became a struggle with Bryce and I whose family we would spent time with on Sundays! It really irratated me at first, but now I am glad that we went through that struggle long before we ever got married. It was really hard for me to detatch myself from my family that I grew up with and the one that I building wtih Bryce. I think it was a hard adjustment for my mom too especially since Bryce and I started dating right after my dad died. I always use to side wtih my mom about everything no one was ever allowed to get mad at her. I had her back no matter what!! But Bryce and my mom didn't always see eye to eye on everything and it tore me up. I wasn't sure where my illiance was. Anyways I feel like things are better now back to where they use to be, and I think that my kids have helped with that. My mom had brought over a friend from her past. She knew him from Swan Lake. My grandpa told me that the first time that she went there she went kicking and screaming, but once she met some of the guys there. She seemed to have a pretty good time. The next year my grandparent told her that she could bring a friend, but she said I don't want to share those boys with a friend, Steve, my moms friend, just so happends to be one of the boys. and he is single too I might add. I always thought that if my mom ever wanted to re-marry I would be totally okay with that. I only want her to be happy, but there was something about seeing Steve there that brought a flood of emotions that I didn't expect. I still wouldn't mind if my mom wanted to re-marry, but oh man do I miss my dad. I wish he was here to see what amazing kids I have. Steve sharred some stories with me about my mom and dad when they were younger. He said that he instantly had a conection wtih my mom. He felt like he was friends wtih one of the Dallas cheerleaders. She was so gorgeous and full of life. I have seen pictures of my mom when she was younger I know she was gorgeous, but it made me happy to hear someone talk about her like that. I have always that that she was an amazing mom, but seeing how much my kids love her just makes me love her even more. When we first got to dinner Ryann every minute wanted to go tell Granny something. Her head couldn't fit through all the chairs and so she ran all the way through to kitchen to get to the other side of the table so that she could talk to granny and then she would come back just so she could ask me if she could go talk to granny again. I loved it, but I think my mom loved it even more!! Major was no exception as soon as he saw my mom, he wanted her and only her! and if she set him down then he would just sit there and cry and cry until she picked him up again. I sure do miss my dad, but I am so thankful that I still have my mom here and it made me realize that I don't want to take advantage of that. I saw steve this past week at grandmas again. My mom was still on her trip...made me think of the story of my dad. Who knows what will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers