I was pretty proud of myself the other day! I was thinking I was mother of the year material!! I had planned an FHE lesson on the Holy Ghost, and thought it would be fun to do a little festive dinner to match the lesson, so I made ghost pancakes and witchy sausage fingers. I thought it looked pretty awesome even if it was breakfast for dinner! My family however wasn't quite as impressed. Major was so hungery he didn't care what he was eating!! I'm not sure if the witch fingers creeped Bryce out or if he didn't like the idea of having breakfast for dinner, but he opted for yesterday's leftovers, but Ryann loved it!! She even thanked Heavenly Father for her Ghosty Pancakes, but I think it confused her a little when it came lesson time. I told her we were going to talk about the Holy Ghost, and she said Ooo Ghosts are scary. I tried to explain to her that the Holy Ghost wasn't scary, but that he helped us when we do get scared. I wasn't sure if it was clicking for her or not, but the next day we saw some ghost halloween decorations and she said Ooo mom look at the scary ghosts, then thought about it for a minute and said really confused, "But they aren't scary? they help me feel better??" Maybe I am not mother of the year material after all!!!
On a cuter note. Ryann loves it when we have FHE, and she loves to color a picture after the lesson is done just like in nursery. She carried her picture around the house and told me that it was her homework!!
11 years ago











No comments:
Post a Comment