11 years ago
Sunday, June 3, 2012
1st day of Nursery
Today was the first day of nursery for both Ryann and I. A couple of weeks ago a member of the bishopric wanted to meet with me. I wondered what on earth they would want me to do. Going to church with Ryann has pretty much made me inactive. I think in the year that she has been born we have only made it all the way through church 2 or 3 times, but Bryce reminded me that the Lord knows me better than I know myself, and maybe he is trying to give me a hint that I should be making more of an effort to be going to all of church, so before my interview I was in Sunday school and the lesson was about Alma the elder and how him and his people were in bondage. Our Sunday school teacher asked us what keeps us in bondage or distracts us from doing things that we should be doing. Some people said work, others said certain TV shows. I whispered to the lady sitting by me and I said, children! She laughed, but I was so serious. So I decided that I was going to make a big effort to make it through all of church with Ryann even though Bryce wasn't there to help me. I was determined! Of coarse Ryann started getting really fussy just as relief society started, so I took her out to the hall, then to the bathroom, then to the foyer, and finally to the mothers room to change her diaper. We made it all through church although for the last hour all I got out of it was how frustrated I was. I had about 20min before my appointment with the bishopric so I took Ryann home to see if Penney could watch her for me, and Brycelyn did my hair so that I would look beautiful for church and so that everyone would like me as I was driving back over to church all I could think was that of all the callings that I never wanted Nursery was one of them, but right now it was the only one that sounded good to me. And Nursery it was, so today was our first day and we both handled it like champs sure I got a little overwhelmed a few times being prego and trying to handle 12 kids at one time, and Ryann only got needy a few times when the kids wouldn't let her play with them, but for the most part she enjoyed playing with all the kids and doing what they were doing even if she was a few months too young to be in Nursery. We both had fun and time seemed to go by pretty fast, and the best part was we made through all of church without any temper tantrums!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










That will be so nice to have her be in nursery already! Good luck on your calling and enjoy play and snack time!
ReplyDelete