"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!"








Monday, September 22, 2014

The Hoarding gene

We have been helping my mom get rid of some of her stuff so we can move into her house, and there is a lot of stuff. I use to think that is was a generation thing, which I still kind of do but then realized that it is a personally gene. I too have it. For me I don't like to waste money, and I don't like the thought of other people wasting their money. I started wondering if my gene had been passed on to my kids as well and my first thought went to major because he gets emotionally attached to things like his binky and blankets but ryann on the other hand has never really had just one thing that she loves, and i think that is because She loves all of her things! She came back from a birthday party the other day with some party favors in a plastic little bag she kept her things safe in her bag for a while but then they got new homes and the plastic bag was starting to tear because of the use. I not thinking anything of it threw the bag away and Ryann found it in the garbage and started sobbing. Another thing I found interesting is one time she came up to me and asked if I wanted her to throw her spoon away (we use plastic utinsels) yes I told her. But did you pay for it she asked. I have no idea where she came up with this concept. We live tight and we live cheep, but I have never stressed about money with her. My only explanation is that she too carries the hoarding gene. It isn't a bad thing it just means that we care deeply about things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers