I guess you could say that I was kind of relieved that there was actually something going on with me and it wasn't just back pain. I guess the doc had been guessing that was the case all along. If the Chinese food didn't tip him off the fact that the pain began right after I had Ryann. (I guess those are 2 things that are common with getting gallbladder stones, labor and fatty foods) I wondered why if gallbladder problems were so common right after child birth why the other docs that I saw seemed to think that back pain was the only thing that could be my problem...I mean who throws up when they are having back pain??? I was starting to kind of wonder about my OB, but I guess he saw my name on some charts at the hospital and came into visit me. I couldn't be too mad if a doctor would remember my name and take the time to visit me to see how I was doing. Anyways the doc told me that he had a surgeon there and they could take my gallbladder out in less than an hour. I was not expecting that when I came home from the hospital I would be less an organ....is the gallbladder an organ anyways you know what I mean. The whole thing kind of freaked me out and I started to get a little teary eyed. I have never had surgery before I wasn't really sure what to expect and I didn't really have time to prepare myself for it. So I asked Bryce if he would give me a blessing. He called his dad to see if he would assist him in the blessing. Rod was at church but don't worry he answered his phone and just said talk, Bryce knew that he needed to hurry with what he was going to say so he just said Candice is in the hospital come down here. Rod said okay and that was that. It must have freaked him out a little too because when he arrived he was a little teary eyed himself and after the blessing Bryce even got a little teary eyed. He insured me that everything would be okay and that my family loved me very much!! The doctor also informed me that this surgery wasn't too crazy. He told me that there would only be 2 incisions one in my belly button and the other just above that and that when they healed you wouldn't even be able to see the scar so I would be okay for bikini season.....as great as that is I told him that I would not be wearing a bikini anytime soon so I wasn't too worried about that! He said the other thing was that I may get diarrhea everytime that I poop and fatty foods would definitely give me diarrhea so I should probably lay off the Chinese food for a while.
The last thing I remember is going into this big room and laying on a tiny table. The room was freezing so they put a blow up blanket on me that blew warm air onto my body. They then put an oxygen mask on me and I was out. I remember waking up saying it hurts it hurts, where is Bryce, it hurts, I want Bryce. My mouth was really dry, but they didn't want to give me anything because they thought it would make me sick, but the nurse finally gave me some ice chips, and then I felt really sick. I am not sure what feeling was worse. Then they wheeled my bed into the telemetry unit where Bryce set me up with their best nurses. I wondered what I would be like coming out of anesthesia because it knocks Bryce out. When he got his colonoscopy he had a hard time waking up. The nurse even came in a couple of times would talk to him and he would just go back to sleep then nurse asked me a couple of times if he was alright I don't know what she expected me to know she was the nurse??? Bryce would wake up just a little to do little things like get dressed. eat a little food go to the bathroom. The next day when he finally really woke up he asked me, umm Candice how did I get dressed? I thought I would play with him a little bit and I said don't you remember the nurse dressed you. She didn't say much at the time but when she came out of the room she was blushing. Bryce looked at me all big eyed and said really? I wasn't as fun to play with I was pretty coherent. For the rest of the night I hungout with Bryce's mom and dad, my mom, and Penney brought over Ryann. I wondered how she was doing since she won't take a bottle, but Penney was really nice and said that she was doing just fine. I am not sure if she was lying to me or not, but she said that she would take Ryann for me that night so that I could get a good night sleep. We took her up on her offer, but I woke up every hour that night wondering how she was doing, mostly worried about Penney since Ryann won't take a bottle or sleep through the night and she is use to sleeping with me so I can get more than a couple of hours of sleep. All I know is that both Penney and I were saying our prayer that night. Do I have the most amazing sister in law or what. She has done more for Bryce and I then I could ever ask of someone.She has got to be the most kind and giving person that I know!!! Penney said that Ryann did really good she went to sleep and only woke up once took a whole bottle and went right back to sleep. She said that she probably would have slept longer than she did, but Lucy came in and gave her her morning kisses. Lucy has to tell Ryann good morning everyday. Penney said that she wouldn't leave Ryann's sight. She made sure her baby was taken care of!! It looks like Heavenly Father wasn't the only one watching over my baby.
I got to go home the next day and I was pretty excited about I felt pretty good just a little sick nothing a little zofran couldn't help, and now I don't even have to worry about getting constipated! On the way home Bryce told Ryann that it was just going to be him and her this week and all that I was going to do was feed her. How great is my husband he seriously takes such good care of me. He took the rest of the week off work so he could take care of me and Ryann.. He did such a good job too he would make a great Mr. Mom. He did things a little different then they way I do them and sometimes a wondered about the outfits he put on Ryann, but like I said he did a great job. I could tell by the end of the week he was getting a little stir crazy though, and he really wanted to go camping that weekend with his family. I wasn't sure that I was up for camping, but decided that Bryce needed to get out and one night of camping wouldn't kill me. We ended staying for two nights and although I kind of threw a fit I am still alive. Although getting your gallbladder taken out isn't the greatest thing I have to be grateful for so many things
first of all for Bryce he is such an amazing husband. He will drop anything for me, and he takes such good care of me. I am also kind of grateful for the opportunity for him to play mom just so that he sees what I do everyday while I am at home and he is at work. I think it was always kind of hard for him waking up for work while me and the baby are still sleeping.
Second of all for Penney not only did she watch Ryann for us while I was at the hospital but she made dinner for us a couple of times that week and she helped Bryce take care of Ryann. She is always willing to help out in any way that she can.
Third of all I am thankful for my visiting teacher she also brought over food one night. I am not sure how she found out about me, but I thought it was so nice of her to make dinner for us. She makes me want to be a better visiting teacher!
and last of all to my friends and family. Margo was more than willing for me to stay at her house that week so that she could help take care of me and Ryann and although my phone was dead or off or what ever that whole week when I finally charged it I had missed 10 calls from my friends and family all making sure that I was doing okay!!!










Candice I'm glad you posted this. I wasn't sure what was going on with you! My mom had to get her gallbladder taken out. I know it must've been awful, but good at the same time to know what was wrong with you! I'm glad you have great family to take care of you. I want to get together with you and that sweet baby soon.
ReplyDeleteI had my gallbladder removed 2 days after your wedding...I'm really glad you got it all figured out and fixed!
ReplyDeleteHow are you doing now? Are you able to eat most things? Here's hoping!
Boppers,
ReplyDeleteWhere have you been? I was so excited to see that you had a post. I am so sorry you had surgery. It sucks, this I know I had mine out in July too. I miss you so much and am so excited to see you and the baby in St George. I hope your mom is coming too. Take care and tell Bryce hi and thanks for taking care of you for us love ya Aunt Terri